George Whitmore is a leadership coach and McKinsey alumnus with a special interest in communication and personal presence.
George was a Senior Communication Expert in McKinsey’s London Office from 2003-2015, supporting client teams across all sectors, with a special interest in performance transformations in service operations. He focused on capability-building and coaching in the areas of leadership and communication, designing and delivering a wide range of training programs for clients and consultants.
George now runs his own company providing training and coaching in communication and leadership to corporate clients.
George is especially known for coaching and training talented young professionals and future leaders as they navigate their careers. He strongly believes in the importance of providing tailored support to help them recognize and take advantage of the opportunities life offers them.
George’s areas of expertise include:
- Interpersonal skills: communication, personal presence, public speaking, difficult conversations, participation in meetings
- Leadership skills: coaching,team dynamics, meeting facilitation, influencing, conflict resolution, vision creation, board development
- Career counselling: values-based choices, transition coaching, career planning
- Well-being and personal effectiveness: stress management, confidence, mindfulness, assertiveness, empathy, balance
George’s strategies and services include:
- Facilitating learning programs: leadership and communication for professional services clients
- Executive coaching: 1:1 conversations aimed at addressing individuals’ concerns and removing blocks to their performance
George’s corporate clients include professional services providers, venture capital firms and publishers. He continues to work as external faculty on McKinsey global learning programs.
George had a successful career as a musician and music educator before becoming a communication consultant in the Netherlands. He joined McKinsey as a Communication Expert from 2003-2015, and now runs his own consultancy in leadership and communication.
George is a certified Business Coach and has a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
He received a B.A. in English from Lancaster University.
George’s unusual talents include speaking fluent Dutch and playing jazz saxophone.