Glenn Kiser, MA is an LRI associate with over 40 years of experience in enhancing leader effectiveness through executive coaching and leadership development.
Glenn has led the executive development function in multiple Fortune 500 companies, coached business leaders from the C-suite to new managers and founded his own consulting firm. He is consistently recognized for his ability to understand each person’s contributions as a leader and identifying barriers that may impede performance potential.
Glenn utilizes both directive and non-directive approaches to helping leaders close the gap between current performance and potential. He enables leaders to leverage the strengths they bring to the table while being upfront about issues that may be getting in the way. He effectively utilizes kindness and humor to build solid relationships while calling on his own leadership experiences to open new ways of leading. Glenn’s background includes having served as a counselor to parents who have lost children, which gives him an added depth of insight into what is truly important in life.
Glenn’s areas of expertise include:
- Leaders in Transition: Moving from individual contributor to manager, taking on an enterprise leader role, and effectively operating in the C-suite.
- Introverted Leaders: Understanding the unique challenges of being an introverted leader in an extroverted environment, maintaining authenticity, ensuring resilience while giving one’s best to others
- Developing Teams for High Performance: Enabling leaders to operate in a way that quickly takes teams to a sustainable level of high performance
- Dealing with Self-Talk: Enabling leaders to identify sources and causes of internal messaging that inhibits their ability to maximize potential.
Glenn uses a variety of approaches to address the needs of his clients, including:
- Individual and group assessments
- State of the art models and theories
- Problem-solving expertise
- Effective dialogue and deep conversation
Past clients include:
Amazon, McKinsey, Illumina, Deloitte, Commonwealth Bank (Bahamas), Mundipahrma, Avaya, Arrow, Ford, Johnson and Johnson, Bayer, Pfizer, Harley-Davidson, Cargill, Celegne, Wells Fargo, Ingersoll-Rand, One America, Farmer’s Insurance, Ingersoll-Rand, Rich Foods, US Foods, Zebra
Glenn is a frequent writer and had a regular column in the Charlotte edition of The Business Journal for a number of years. His book, Masterful Facilitation, was published by AMACOM Books. One of his articles, I Ain’t Your Momma and Daddy, won the Dugan Laird Award for Excellence in Writing in Human Resources from Training Magazine.
Glenn received his undergraduate degree in Business from the University of North Carolina – Charlotte and received a Master’s Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from UNCC. He is certified in the Korn-Ferry suite of assessments, as well as Hogan, MBTI, and others.
Glenn is married to Cynthia Payne, the most wonderful person on the planet and he would say that even if she weren’t reading this over his shoulder. They live part of the year in Denver, CO and part of the year in Huntersville, NC, where they have three adorable granddaughters. Their house is ruled by two rambunctious small dogs. Lola and Ollie.