Howard Morgan is a Co-Founder and Managing Director at the Leadership Research Institute who specializes in building the credibility of senior executives for Fortune 500 organizations.
Howard is a recognized thought leader as an Executive Coach, People Strategist and author in the areas of maximizing human effectiveness to achieve the desired culture of an organization.
Howard’s approach is drawn from his ability to communicate the significance of people and performance issues in the context of business objectives. He has been a pioneer in the practical understanding of how motivation, productivity and behavior are linked to organizational values, leadership approach and employee satisfaction.
Howard’s areas of expertise include:
- Advancing, Developing and Retaining Talent: Helping determine the most promising talent that will consistently outperform the needs and business results of the specific organization
- Board/Executive Committee Effectiveness: Help improve the dynamics and effectiveness of the Board/Executive Committee interactions
- Executive Succession: Determining the right criteria for a smooth, effective transition of executive responsibility
- Onboarding of Talent: Works with organizations to ensure that the new talent entering the organization is given the tools necessary to succeed in the new organization.
Howard’s services include:
- Executive Assessment: Determining the effectiveness of executive talent
- Executive Team Dynamics: Building a diverse and cohesive executive team
- Talent Management: Consulting and programs
- Executive Coaching: Working one on one with critical players in the company
Howard’s clients include global businesses in the Financial Services, Manufacturing, Management Consulting, Communication, Media and High Tech industries. His most recognizable clients include American Express, Pepsi, Dow Chemical and Motorola.
Howard was named as one of the world’s top 50 coaches, recognized as one of five coaches with “a proven track record of success” and has published several books including The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching and Leading Organizational Learning. While he has written numerous articles for international publications, his article “Leadership Is A Contact Sport” was named as one of the top 25 most influential articles of a quarter century ending 2010.
Howard earned his MBA from Simon Fraser University and also has completed post graduate studies at the University of Michigan. He is on the Advisory Board of several coaching organizations and additionally, serves on the Board of Directors for a number of companies.
Howard has presented to a worldwide audience including webinars with over 20,000 attendees from over 120 countries. He enjoys finding time for walking/hiking and reading, although an avid movie watcher would make make the list as well. He lives in Nevada while his origins flow back to Western Canada.