Jan Day Gravel, MA, is an associate consultant of Leadership Research Institute (LRI) who specializes in leadership development for leaders in Fortune 500 companies as well as governmental agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
Jan has worked with Dr. Joelle Jay to launch the successful Leadership Circles program to attract, retain, and engage top talent in organizations such as MetLife, Microsoft, and Adobe. Jan has coached individuals and teams to address management issues and progress towards organizational and personal leadership excellence.
Jan’s areas of expertise include:
- Personal Leadership: Vision, Strategy, Action, Personal Development Plans, Maximizing Performance, Increased Self Awareness
- Strength-Based Development: Building the capacity to fully leverage people’ strengths to accelerate their development
- Building a Successful Culture: Helping teams and organizations create the foundation for their success
- Group and Team Dynamics: supporting leaders to navigate complex change to attain personal and organizational success
Her services include:
- Executive Coaching: 1:1 Executive Coaching and Masterminds
- Team and Group Coaching: Coaching, consulting and facilitation
- Facilitation: Design and delivery of team and board meetings and retreats
- Keynote Speaking: Keynotes, Presentations, and Workshops
- Leadership Development: Design and delivery of leadership programs at all levels of the organizations
- 360- Degree Profile Assessments: Interview-Based and Survey-Based Feedback
Jan has over twenty-five years of experience with clients in banking, chemical, healthcare, IT, legal, petrochemical, service, travel, education, and complex community coalitions. She is the only person in the United States who has created and directed five community leadership programs at one time.
Jan earned her Masters of Arts in Conflict Resolution with an emphasis on building effective coalitions from Antioch University. In addition, she has a Leadership Coaching certificate from Georgetown University. Jan holds a Professional Coach Certification from the International Coach Federation and is certified to administer a variety of assessments, including Emergenetics® based upon the latest neuroscience research, the Leadership Circle Culture Survey and 360 °-feedback profile, and the CCL Assessment Suite.
Jan lives in the northern VA area and is a lifetime member of Leadership Arlington (VA), Leadership Louisiana, and the National Speakers Association. Passionate about supporting the leadership development of others, she writes a monthly column, the Leading Edge, for the 800 members of the Leadership Arlington community. A lover of travel and experiencing different cultures, Jan has also served as a guide on leadership pilgrimages to Egypt and New Mexico. Her last “bucket list” trips were to Machu Pichu, Lake Titicaca between Peru and Bolivia, and Havana.