Jan Day Gravel is a Principal at the Leadership Research Institute (LRI), specializing in leadership development for Fortune 500 companies as well as governmental agencies and not-for-profit organizations. During the last twelve years, Jan has been partnered with Dr. Joelle Jay to bring the philosophy of personal leadership to thousands of leaders around the globe. Jan has launched the successful Leadership Circles™ program to attract, retain, and engage top talent in organizations such as MetLife, Capital One, and Microsoft.
Jan has over thirty years of experience with clients in technology, banking, healthcare, legal, petrochemical, travel, education, and complex community coalitions. She is the only person in the United States who has created and directed five community leadership programs at one time.
Jan earned her Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution with an emphasis on building effective coalitions from Antioch University. She is a graduate of the Leadership Coaching program at Georgetown University. Jan holds a Master Coach Certification from the International Coach Federation and is a member of the National Speaker’s Association.
Key Areas of Expertise
Jan’s areas of expertise and services include:
- Executive Coaching: 1:1 Executive Coaching, Small Group/Teams, and Mastermind
- Personal Leadership: Vision and Strategy, Branding and Communicating Results and Impact, Personal Leadership Action Plans, Increasing Self-Awareness, and Feedback
- Advancing, Developing and Retaining Talent: Leveraging Talented Leaders for a Higher Engagement, and Better Business Results
- Strengths-Based Leadership: Building on Talent for High-Powered Teams based on the latest research in neuroscience
- Building a Culture that Drives Results: Creating the foundation and culture so people, teams and organizations can thrive while maintaining their wellbeing and exceeding their performance goals
Passionate about supporting the leadership development of others, she has written a monthly column, the Leading Edge, for the 1,200 members of the LCE community. Jan has served as a guide on leadership pilgrimages to Egypt and New Mexico and traveled the world to experience sacred sites at Machu Pichu, Lake Titicaca, and Ireland.